Re: pay per view

Did you miss the entire Gary Glitter Uncle Ernie thing?  Just about the time
his career was picking up after the Quad tour, he had a little problem with
his computer and took it in for repairs.  The repair techs found child porn
on his hard drive.  GG hid out for a while, but was subsequently arrested
and convicted of trafficing.  He served time in prison, and when he was
released the prison officials smuggled him out because of various threats of
violence.  (Seems like there was a lynch mob waiting outside or something.)
The last I heard GG was living with a child bride (girlfriend?) and looking
for a country to give him asylum.

I haven't heard any details of the trial, or what evidence was presented,
but it seems to me that a lynch mob is a little of an over-reaction.  Maybe
tabloids contributed to a nasty public reaction, or maybe the porn was only
the tip of an iceberg, but still I suspect the basic inclination isn't
something GG can help.  He needs theraphy and management techniques, and
maybe somebody to watch him while he's around little kids.  I'd think
threats only drive offenders like that underground where people can't
identify them.

keets