Re: The Fillmores

>> I fell for it once. Misguiding title. It's Fillmore East. No 'Tatto' in
it. :)

> Mark L:
>  Hmmm...it just shows the unreliability of bootleggers. I do have FE
>  (Shaking All Over) and Sparks In The Bay, and they are definitely two
>  different shows.

A year apart. Shakin - 1968, Sparks - 1969. But same venue, Fillmore East.

>   Sparks has some Tommy material, with the middle missing. I
>  don't have it in front of me, but I think it abruptly ends on Eyesight and
>  comes back with See Me, Feel Me.

Right, they titled it 'Miracle Cure', a compilation snippet of several songs.

>Then there are some of the other songs from that tour, and it doesn't have
Tattoo >(I'm guessing by then they'd dropped it, but then again this isn't an
entire show).

I believe 'Tatto' was only played on the west shows.  Dropped it at the east,
picked it up for the west apparently.

>  But just to be accurate, I have the CD of SAO and a tape from a trade of
>  Sparks put on CD (speed corrected, as it was slow). So I don't know that
>  the source of my Sparks was actually a CD called Sparks In The Bay or
>  something else instead.

Heard about the speed problems. I had a friend correct it for me with 'Sparks
On The Bay.' 'Accept No Substitute' (FE 1969) apparently has the same
problem. Nevertheless, the quality is superior and the performances out of
this planet.

Mike