Tree; Sparks; Shipping

> One for the Pontiac '75 show, another for all the MP3's that Pete has
> posted, and another for 2000 shows (if "good quality" material surfaces,
> like CLEVELAND!).

Kevin:

Thanks; I'll contact him.

> I fell for it once. Misguiding title. It's Fillmore East. No 'Tatto' in
it. :)

Mike:

Hmmm...it just shows the unreliability of bootleggers. I do have FE
(Shaking All Over) and Sparks In The Bay, and they are definitely two
different shows. Sparks has some Tommy material, with the middle missing. I
don't have it in front of me, but I think it abruptly ends on Eyesight and
comes back with See Me, Feel Me. Then there are some of the other songs
from that tour, and it doesn't have Tattoo (I'm guessing by then they'd
dropped it, but then again this isn't an entire show).
But just to be accurate, I have the CD of SAO and a tape from a trade of
Sparks put on CD (speed corrected, as it was slow). So I don't know that
the source of my Sparks was actually a CD called Sparks In The Bay or
something else instead.

> The specific shipping costs from this example are $6.53 for eelpie
> and $5.37 for CDNow. With currency exchange rates changing every day,
> the eelpie number is higher today.

Jim:

Still, it's so close it's hard to believe.

> Jon's point was that if
> international shipping is so high, Pete should lower his CD prices.

Which neither of us agree with.

> My point was if you look at the total cost compared to similar
> product from a domestic retailer, maybe he (Pete) has priced his CDs
> accordingly.

My thinking is the cost is the cost, here or there. It's priced so that
Pete will make the expected amount of money on the CDs, they cost being
more expensive for a small run than a large one...but do you know if the
CDs are silver or burned ones?

"I think that people need to be held responsible for the actions they take
in life."
         George W. Bush, cocaine user and adulterer by his own admission.

                    Cheers                  ML