Tommy live; S-H-I-P in the UK; MP-lease

>Thanks Mark.  Does this mean that the band recorded all these shows
>(presumably from the board)?

Jeff:

Sorry; I should have been clearer. Yes, I meant by the band. I don't know
about the board (I presume you mean the sound board), but however bands go
about recording their shows (or did at the time, I should say). Sound board
recordings tend to be vocal-heavy which makes sense when you consider what
the board is for. Consider how many boots there are of this tour...Leeds
(which of course was recorded), Amsterdam (which doesn't sound like an
audience), Fillmore West (aka Sparks In The Bay), and Tanglewood...then
there's wherever Pure Rock Theatre came from (perhaps many shows). And those
are just the most well known examples...there are others out there.

>and eelpie aren't ripping us off as bad as we thought. Now if you
>want to disparage the value of eelpie's shipping, then I'd agree.

Jim:

Frankly I'm amazed that you can get something from the UK at even close to
the US shipping cost. Perhaps it's CDNow who's doing the ripping off! Or the
US Post Office.

>I don't have a burner, but people who do that are saying Pete has posted a
>whole 80 minute disk of mp3s, once they're converted to wav files.  That's
>free cd.

Laine:

And that's a very generous thing to do. I was bitching to a customer today
(who asked about the Atlanta show) how it was a shame we got the live
material from the front end of the tour, rather than the end when they'd
fine-tuned the songs and added some new ones and jams. This is a solution,
at least. A radio show or DVD would be nice.
Now, if anyone with a cable modem or the patience to have downloaded all of
them with a regular one is willing to do a trade, I'd like to get a copy of
this. Reply privately, please.

"Maybe I missed something here..."
      George W. Bush, in a moment of clarity

        Cheers                 ML