Re: empire/sadler's

Jon Dawson said:

>My point is that if he's going to make 90% of the people who have
>made him rich pay for international shipping, then he could lower
>the price of the CD's, and he'd still be making more money than if
>Atlantic was involved.

Jon,

I thought overseas shipping costs were high too. Then, prompted by
this discussion, I did this comparison. According to eelpie.com (and
its link to a currency converter) The Empire and Sadler's Wells plus
shipping to Indiana cost  $50.28. Now let's pick another online CD
retailer (e.g. CDNow) and two 2-CD titles (e.g. Quadrophenia and
Another Scoop). Those CDs plus shipping cost $51.85. So maybe Pete
and eelpie aren't ripping us off as bad as we thought. Now if you
want to disparage the value of eelpie's shipping, then I'd agree.

Sure, I'd like it if eelpie set up an office in the US from which
they could ship products domestically. But I don't see any strong
business reasons why they'd bother.

scott said:

>pete is doin this for the money..he has enough already..he wants
>lifehouse to be heard

I don't think anyone should decide that someone else has enough
money. I believe my friend Mark made this point a while back during
the Napster vs. Record Companies discussion.

Jim

"There's nothing more needs to be said" - PT