Rested, He's back!

I'm back!
Wow, what a week!  The waves in The OBX were bigger than forecast.  I'm
older than I used to be.
You do the math.
For those that know the lingo, I was in the Greenroom everyday last week.
And, it don't get much better than that!

CLEVELAND HO !!!!!!!!
You know it.  You've read it.  I (among others) lived it (bummed the
Schrade-miester doesn't like SG, but I've always had a soft spot for it).
Stu and I had taken the opportunity to crouch down low behind the folks in
front of us to....um.....um.....watch the surf...yeah, that's it.....ok,ok,
burn.  shhhhhhhhh.
In mid.......um......burn, we hear (can't see since were crouching) Pete
begin talking about SG.
We kind of look at each other with that "oh my" (eyes all wide) look mixed
with the "don't make me laugh and harsh-out" look (YOU KNOW THE ONE!:).  We
quickly finish and jump to our feet for what was truly a memorable moment.
Our view was great.  Off to the side a bit, but just far enough away
(12-rows)to look right into the middle of the stage from John's side.  Great
perspective.
Indoor sound........you can't beat it.

I don't know what else to say about the show.  They are much tighter then at
the beginning of the tour.  Pinball Wizard actually made an impression on
me.
It's truly all in my head, but there's nothing more (that) needs to be said.
Best Band. Period.
Stu made the proclamation that Cleveland was better than Nissan or Camden.
I couldn't step out on that limb with him, but I also can't tell anymore.  I
can't think of anything negative about any of those three shows.  BUT, Pete
did have *the* attitude in Camden (still my fav).

CLEVELAND PRE-SHOW ROCKS!

>- - SCHRADE in Akron
>finally met WHO
>freak Kevin from VT. & his WHO freak friend Stu.  We had a blast drinking
>& talking.  It was almost like I had known these guys for years.  WHO
friends
>are the best!

*That's* exactly how we felt!  Felt like I knew Scott for years.  We all
gelled immediately and had a blast!
Stu was thrilled to meet so many Who nuts like ourselves. He hasn't stopped
talking about it!  He and his lady just got a computer, so you may "meet"
the man soon for yourselves.  He already has a title lined up for his first
post..."The Stu Who Review"!
Now we'll have to wait and see if they can figure out how to get on line.
;-)

>Also on hand were people from Maine (Bob & others)

There were so many WHO Heads there!  STu and I even ran into Emmee from
Glowgirls at the RnR museum (disappointed with the Who stuff there, or lack
there of).

>& a surprise appearance
>by Dan from Texas who was also great fun to talk to.

SURPRISE isn't even the word!!!!
I literally interrupted a conversation I was having with Scott, where I was
saying that I felt bad for venting on Dan during the *first* political
"discussion" a few weeks back, to go get a beer (Hey, I was parched!).  At
the bar, this guy asks me where I'm from.  To my reply of "Vermont", his
face lights up a bit and he asks, "you're not Kevin from VT are you?".  I'm
like, "um, yeah?" with thoughts running through my mind like "who could this
be".  When he introduced himself as "Dan from Texas", I about fell on the
floor!
I turned toward Scott with my arm around Dan and mouthed from across the
bar..."this is Dan from Texas".  Scotts expression was priceless!  I think
he may have been hearing those same "squeek-squeek-squeek" sounds from the
movie The Shining that I was at first. ;-)
As Scott already reported, we had a grand time talking and drinking with
this poor Republican (soon to turn Democrat :) and his very charming
wife/g-friend (sorry Dan, can't remember which it was).
Who fans are truly the best.  I'm telling you all, we need to have a
Who-stock!

>About every 20 minutes Kevin would start a
>WHO chant/cheer/toast & the whole bar would erupt in wonderful WHO
>spirit.  "That is *so* easy," Kevin would say afterward.  We really were a
>wild bunch.

We were like a bottle of beer all shaken up and waiting for someone to pull
off the cap!
And I'm just the sort of sod to do it!!!!!  :-)
(who, who, who, who, who, who, who...)
Aowwwwww!  Getting all psyched all over again!

>After the show, Kevin & Stu followed me & Jeff back to my WHO pad for
>some late night festivities & of course, WHO tunes.

I felt very safe in the soft hold of "the who shrine".  It was like,
"aaahhhh, I'm home".
Posters everywhere, and a collection that would put most to shame.
I have to say the drive was strange for me.  Coming from the VT hills, it's
always un-nerving to drive on long flat stretches of road.
There's a song called "I hate RT.8" by a local Cleveland/Akron band called
"C.D. Truth".  Kind of says it all about that road.
Great sounding band.  They have another song called "We got the Blimp" that
I really like.
Ironically enough, they sound (at times) similar to The Dead Milkmen!
That's a good thing IMO!

>It turns out Kevin *was*
>unable to type a review at that time, & so was I for that matter!  Too much
>of everything was too much for us!

See comment above on I'm older than I used to be. ;-)
Yeah, your carpeting is very comfy Scott! Sorry for the puddle of drool. ;-)
HEY!!!  I know you took pictures!!  I better not find any floating around
cyber-space without my prior consent! :-)  Prone, is not my best profile.

>Kevin, I hope you & Stu made it back to the airport OK.  It was truly a
>great experience meeting you guys.  I look forward to getting together an-
>other time in the near future.

I think I drove Stu nuts on the drive back.  I got my wind back and was
pumped full of energy (how, I'll never know)!
Right back at you Scott.  We had a blast and really enjoyed meeting/hanging
with you and your friends (AND EVERYONE ELSE AT FLANNERY'S!  WHAT A BLAST!).
Thanks for your hospitality.  If you Ski, keep me in mind!

>Well I'm a bit sad, thinking that my WHO 2000 experience is now over.
>Four magnificent shows & tons of energetic, crazy WHO freaks.  What a
>blast!

Feeling the same way.
Good not to be alone.

>LONG LIVE THE WHO!!!!!