Re: interpretations

>ML: What does that have to do with running the country, you fool? Howard
>Stern is right...you DO have a big head! Not that I listen to him. And
>wait, the Stones didn't do Pure And Easy did they? My Dad, uh, I mean `my
>bad.' Isn't that what the kids say nowadays? Who does that song, anyway?
>Where are my handlers when I need them? The WHO? Who are they? Who's on
>first? Let's just put this behind us and not talk about it...after all, the
>song is ten years old, isn't it? Ooops, I meant 11. Mine go to eleven. What
>am I talking about? Even I don't know; I musta been coked up when it came
>out. Hey, you know we weren't supposed to go off script, you big-head
>bitch!

Ladies and gentlemen, this is Mark being relaxed.

>Your Gore comments are all meaningless as they are interpretations rather
>than quotes,

Mark,

See below.

>whereas my Bush quotes are his own words and not distorted in
>any way. What people make of these words is up to them. I'm not drawing any
>conclusions or making any political statements, just offering the words.
>It's not MY fault you don't like what your man has said!

See below.

>  > Relax.
>
>I'm always relaxed.

See above.

Jim

(Speaking of the Earned Income Tax Credit,) "I was the author of that
proposal. I wrote that.... That is something for which I have been
the principle proponent for a long time."
  	- Al Gore, U.S. News & World Report, 12-20-99
(EITC became law in 1975. Gore was elected to Congress in 1976.)

"I've been a part of the discussions on the strategic reserve since
the days when it was first established."
	- Al Gore, Washington Post, 9-24-00
(President Ford established the Strategic Petroleum Reserves when he
signed the Energy Policy and Conservation Act in 1975.)

"We now know that their [automobiles'] cumulative impact on the
global environment is posing a mortal threat to the security of every
nation that is more deadly than that of any military enemy we are
ever again likely to confront."
  	- Al Gore, "Earth in the Balance", 1992, p.325.

"I've accepted for two or three months now your invitation to debate
on this program."
	-Al Gore on NBC's Meet the Press, 7-16-00.

"I have always supported a woman's right to choose."
	- Al Gore, Presidential debate, 10-3-00
(In 1977, Rep. Gore voted for the Hyde Amendment, which says that
abortion "takes the life of an unborn child who is a living human
being," and that there is no constitutional right to abortion.)

"I found a little place in upstate New York called Love Canal. I had the first
hearing on that issue."
	- Al Gore, Concord, N.H., 12-1-99
(Gore held congressional hearings on Love Canal in October 1978, two
months after President Carter declared it a disaster area.)

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the
initiative in creating the Internet."
	- Al Gore, "Late Edition", CNN, 3-9-99

"I did not know it was a fundraiser."
	- Al Gore, "Today Show", NBC, 1-24-97

P.S. My apologies to those of you who are sick of these political
comments. It had to be done.

Now, who's ready to say we want a Who Mailing List without political
comments, INCLUDING signatures with oh-so-innocent, "undistorted"
quotes of political figures which don't draw "any conclusions" or
make "any political statements"? I can stop when Mark does.

Anyone? Jeff House? Bueller? Anyone? Anyone?