Wake up little Jimmie; Where oh where was Keets; Final thoughts on Atlanta; Igloo, anyone?

>it to yourself to stop into Generations CD's and talk to Mark.  We spent
the
>night before the show watching very rare Who video and talking about the
>Who, Kinks, and other bands that mattered.

Jon:

And for our part, it was a very pleasant time all around. Jon didn't blink
when I got (verbally) frustrated in downtown Atlanta traffic. And it's just
great to have another Who fan around.

I sent the following but I haven't seen it in a digest. It did bounce but
those usually are included anyway, so please forgive if I missed it:

>Oprah: "Favorite song of all times."
>George W. Bush: "Uh, 'Wake Up Little Susie,' Buddy Holly."

Jim:

A difference which makes no difference is no difference. He's still an idiot
and musically ignorant. Only an idiot would not know who performs their
"favorite song," and not many think Buddy Holly ever performed WULS. There
were plenty of options; for instance if he'd said "The Grateful Dead" he
would have been right. It's as if I said "My favorite song is My Generation
by The Rolling Stones," or I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Kinks, or Even
Flow by Nirvana. The only word I can think of is DUH, which is actually
Georgie's middle name.
Of course, if he's not an idiot then he was lying, or playing to the
audience as Gore is often accused of doing. I'm willing to consider either
possibility. In any case, only Pat Buchcanan is less suited for the
presidency.
To make you happy, I will amend my sig to be completely accurate. I want
your man to be seen as he really is; more than anyone else I want that.

>What the hell, keets?!  You attended the Atlanta show?  Why weren't you
>at the pre-show at Reggie's?  Or were you?

Keets:

Yeah! What he said! I told Scott at the time if only you and Kevin were with
us, the unholy four would be together at last. What a missed opportunity!
Now you'd better attend Whofest 2001 here in Myrtle Beach. Or else! All of
ya's. Sheesh!

I can't add much to what Brian said about the Atlanta show. I'd like to see
a set list, because I keep having flashes about songs they played and it's
starting to make me wonder how they could have fit them all in. "There's
more at the door." Pete was very upbeat and happy, even about his wrist. One
comment Brian didn't mention is about someone in the front row holding their
ears when he started going off on the guitar...Pete said: "It doesn't make
it any louder, you know." I couldn't help but think of Spinal Tap "But these
go to eleven." Pete also said it was only right to want to hear what your
grandchildren say to you. Also it seemed that Rog forgot a few lines of
Let's See Action (but they've only done it one other time this tour, right?)
and definitely missed something in WGFA, for which the band did a Deja Vu
right back around (it happened so fast I didn't really catch what caused
it). More than anything else, such a perfect recovery shows how tight the
band is.

While I'm thinking about it, what ever happened to the list switch to
igloo.com?