stupid boots

ML said "But in some music stores you can run across them...usually the
smaller, independent stores rather than the chains. Sometimes in the bin
with the other stuff, sometimes in the "back" which means you have to ask to
see them (so if you
look like a cop or a lawyer, they won't show them to you)."

Mark,  Some follow-up stupid questions:
Can a boot dealer get busted by one of these lawyer/cop looking people?  I
am an accountant, could I be confused for a lawyer?  Should one ask for
pictures when trading over the internet?  What other unspeakables can one
find in the "back"?

All facetiousness aside, these Pete MP3s have been a great inroad into the
boot underworld for newbie me.  No - I don't feel dirty, but I am now in the
middle of adding some good stuff to my legitimate collection.

I have also seen some boots for sale on various web sites in Japan and
Europe.  Presumably the copyright laws are a bit looser there.  You can even
find them for download on Napster and on private sites that have appeared on
this list.  Surfing can yield some good stuff if you have a fast modem, a CD
burner and some minimal software.

Thanks again Mark.

Jeff