Who ranks high

He's got #s 1 and 2 reversed, and might as well have
stopped after #3, but otherwise this is a good
list<g>...

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/001128/patrick.html

ESPN's Dan Patrick, a guy who loves music almost as
much as sports, lists the best concerts he's attended:

1. Aerosmith, 1972, Hara Arena in Dayton Ohio
Steven Tyler, the supposed next Mick Jagger, seemed to
have as much energy or more as his forebear. Cut to
two years ago. My wife, whose musical tastes run to
the classical, asked me if I wanted to hear this new
band Aerosmith that was coming to Hartford. We went
and saw a great show. We also went backstage and my
wife was a bit nervous in meeting Mr. Tyler. After she
did some stammering, he put his arm around her and
said "It's going to be all right, darling."

2. The Who, Lexington, Ky., circa 1977
Pete Townshend had a broken wrist and played the show
with a cast on his strumming hand. After the show, I
saw that the cast was frayed and cracked and barely
hanging on. His fingers were bloody, too. I asked him
why he didn't just take the cast off. He said he told
his wife he wouldn't.

3. Led Zeppelin, Riverfront Coliseum, circa 1978
Back in the days of festival seating. People who
couldn't get into the show were throwing police
motorcycles into the Ohio river viaduct. Seems like a
long time ago.

4. Rolling Stones, Louisville, Ky., late 1970s.
The tour in which Jagger wore football jerseys -- he
had a Philadelphia Eagles jersey at the show I saw. He
seemed incredibly small but remarkably energetic. I
remember thinking that Charlie Watts had the easiest
job in rock and roll. Now I understand that he just
made it look that way. He was so laid back sitting
there almost still -- like he was on a tractor plowing
a field somewhere. Keith Richards had a dominant
presence. He was so clearly the soul and essence of
the Stones while Jagger was the face of the band. Just
like Joe Perry is the spirit of Aerosmith and Steve
Tyler is the showman.

5. Frank Sinatra, somewhere in Florida during a recent
Super Bowl
I didn't want to go, but I was with some Sinatra fans
who told me to. I went begrudgingly, but I quickly
dropped the critical pose and just enjoyed it. He was
older and faltered a bit, but I did not feel cheated.
I heard many wonderful moments. I felt a little sorry
for him because you could tell he needed that
audience. He needed to perform way past his ability to
even approach his best years. Still I am glad I heard
him sing, and I have been a fan ever since. My
children always get up and dance when they hear him
sing "Fly Me To The Moon." Play it again, they say,
play it again.