Re: the book

> Has anyone purchased "The WHO Live"?  If so, what do
> you think?  Here's a link:

I just got it as my early Christmas present from my wife (bless her!).

It's magnificent.  The book covers mostly from around late 1968 through 1976.
There's a good bit, but not extensive, on the 1979-1982 period, then it
strangely jumps over the 1989 tour and has lots of pictures from the 1996-1997
period.  In the back is an index of which pictures go with which concert.

Pete has a forward on the difference in the way he and The Who "acted" for the
camera and what they were actually feeling at the time and the original
photographers tell anecdotes about photographing The Who.  There are many
pictures you can see in old magazines (and a lot never seen before) but here
they are struck from the original negatives and printed to the highest possible
standard.  A special gold CD of the 1995 single disk Live At Leeds is included
with the idea that you're to put it on, look at the pictures, and imagine you're
front row at a classic Who concert.  Given the picture quality, it's almost
possible.

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm