Pete RS interview

Great.  So Pete goes out with The Who and gets all these creative ideas that
he's going to turn into solo projects.

Did this interview come through on the igtc list?  I got it from another
list that credited igtc.

keets

>The Who tour has been great because I haven't had time
for much else.  Signed a few checks, and that's about it. And when I
got back, I suddenly realized that I had four or five project
ideas that were really important to me, and that each one, if I worked
at my normal, snail-like pace, would take me the rest of my life to
complete. So I took these ideas and drew them all together as a film
treatment that was ostensibly quite autobiographical. And it's turned
out just absolutely wonderfully. So I'm going to keep batting
away at that. I'm very keen to actually create something new.

>RS: Next year, will there be less of Pete Townshend
out there in the world, ours for the taking?

>PT: I think what I've realized this year is that OK,
the Who thing, it's performing. But it's felt as though I've opened
up some creative pathway for myself. And it's not something I got from
doing solo shows. What I felt from solo shows was, in a sense,
that I was indulging myself in some way. This work with the Who
has made m erealize - and this is going to sound very vain - but
just how f*cking unbelievably powerful I am at what I do. There's a lot I
want to express as an artist that I can't as a dramatist or
film producer or film writer or Broadway playwright, but I can onstage, with
a nod and a wink and a couple of lines on the guitar.