THE WHO in LONDON!!!

Hi,

These have been 4 days of MAXIMUM R&B for me... I'm exhausted... I had an
incredible good time in London.

First of all it was great seeing the "mob". :-) Billy (AKA "MOD MAGIK") &
Donna (from NY), Sean (OKCU DUKE! :-)), Jon Aaron, Melissa Dobbs, Jan,
Helen, Carey, the Dutch and Scandinavian mob and all the others I had met
before in Glasgow. I had a great time. A F*CKING GREAT TIME!!! :-)
And by surprise William Snyder showed up. This was absolutely great!

I'm gonna write reviews later on... Highlights where:

LONDON ARENA
Pete telling (about Magik): "There's this guy called Billy, from New York,
and he keeps shouting: "PETE, DA FOCKING WHOOO! DA FOCKING WHOOO!", must be
his New Jersey accent.". :-)

The first "GET ON WITH IT!" came halfway during the show; Pete and Roger
found it rather remarkable. :-)

Roger came up an pointed at me kinda like; "there's that guy with the green
hair!".

WEMBLEY ARENA (1st)

3 BIRDMANS IN A ROW!!!

Pete and Roger where constantly joking, about Mary Anne: "This is a song
about a girl with a problem... But Roger doesn't mind having troubles with
that." Roger: "Oh no!". :-)

Later on Pete: "We are getting tired." (about touring)
Roger: "I'm not!"
Pete: "Well, Roger, we don't all have this eternal internal spring of youth."

Pete: "Oh fuck it, I can't do this!" (tuning his guitar)
Roger: "That's the problems with guitars, they sometimes go out of tune..."
Pete: "That joke wasn't funny the first time, Roger."
Roger: "Oh..."
(then came WAY, where Roger was trying hard not to burst out laughing)

After the show Zak came up to me. In NYC I had given him a videotape of me
drumming and singing to Baba O'Riley with a golden cape on and purple
tights (that where 2 sizes too small).
He told me he had seen it so I asked him what he thought of it... This is
what he said to me: "Well... Your singing is better then your drumming...
And your outfit is better then your singing!". He loved it. He thought it
was pretty cool I also was singing to it and did it without headphones on.
He told me he's gonna show it to John.

WEMBLEY (2nd night)
QUEENIE WAS THERE!!! Before My Wife John said: "My mum is here!", and he
waved at her several times. WHOOOOOOO-HOOOOOO!!!! :-)

John's 5:15 solo was outstanding.

BIRDMANS!!!

Magic Bus was outstanding. The jamming was f*cking great. So was the MG
extended jam. Everything got quiet, lights went down (you could only see
TED's  silhouets), and you could only hear the organ and a silent electric
piano for a while. Someone was shouting during it, and you could see Pete
spitting and yelling at him... And out of no-where:
TAKA-TAKA-TAKA-TAKA-TAKA-TAKA-TAK!!! And they got into an awesome jam, Pete
walking around on stage with a smirk and Roger lassoing his mike.
It went on and on and then all of a sudden (when it got more silent) Pete
sang: "You are forgiiiveeen; YOU ARE FORGIVEN!!! YOU ARE FORGIVEN!!!"; and
they jammed on it to the end. If I'm not mistaken it ended with "Baaaaby...
You are forgiiiiiiiiiiiiii-veeeeeee-uh-uh-uh-uh-oh-uh-uh-eeeeen. BANG-BANG!
You're all forgiven!". (does that mean I'm not fucking stupid anymore???) :-)

I'll write more later...

Cheers,

Bjørn Ciggaar
http://www.warande.net/~ciggaar

"Is that your natural hair colour???"
- John Entwistle after seeing my hair (7th of October)