Looking Back: WHO Comments From 1979

SCHRADE wrote:  "Hope you enjoyed looking back!
I did, thanks!  Some great thoughts - directly on topic.

"Why was Pete so WHO-optimistic back then?"
I think two reasons:  Denial and sedation.  He was dealing with Keith's
death with two of his favorite defense mechanisms.

"Did he feel he had something to prove?"
Not in the sense of their band-ness and 'art'.  I think he had to prove that
he could deal with Keith's death.

"What made him flip 180 degrees by 1982?"
Cincinatti, sobriety and his desire to live.

"Why isn't The OX on this album?"
Dunno.  It does make me think about the AMEX interviews that were posted on
the net and playing on monitors in the MSG lobby this year.  TED were seated
on a couch, and John never said a word.  Maybe he was in the room when the
'79 interview was conducted but never thought it necessary to jump in.

"Can we answer these questions?"
I did.  I know Pete.  He is my friend ;-)

Jeff