Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V7 #307

> Do you suppose we ought to forward the quote on to GWB? :)

Keets:

Try if you like...he hasn't reponded to any of my EMails requesting he stop
acting like a petulant child who can't wait until Xmas morning to open his
presents. An person who is mature enough to be a world leader would wait
till all the absentee votes are counted, but alas alack and faraday. With
the latest action of filing a lawsuit to prevent the actual vote count
supervised by both parties (coming after much criticism for the Dems for
merely mentioning a possible legal action), I'd say you'd be wasting your
time. It seems he's unlikely to understand that he cannot use or have
something that isn't his. Like WGFA  Hell, as a kid his punishment was not
being allowed to play tennis. Think about it.

> There are those around the world that still believe stereotypical
depiction’s
> of Southerners as being violent, gun-toting primitives.

Sherridan:

Only some. You've been to South Carolina, I've been to Texas. These people
exist, and in far greater numbers than I'm comfortable with. They often
threaten others with violence, too, but as Isaac Asimov said "Violence is
the last refuge of the incompetent."

> the like.By the way, Mad Dog 20/20 is not a traditionally Southern
libation.

I allow my humor to flow spontaneously from my keyboard, and as Mad Dog
literally leapt into my mind at that particular moment, I used it. I've
never tasted any, myself, preferring Gin as does James Michael Cooper.

> reluctantly Southern by default

I can feel your pain.

> proclaiming an affinity for goat roping to be quite inexplicable, cattle
far
> outnumber goats around these parts.

The last time I was in Texas, I saw quite a few Goat Roper bumperstickers
(it has been a few years). I realized while writing it that it would
probably only be completely understood by those actually IN Texas, but I
couldn't resist. BTW, no criticism of Texas was in that post.
And, Sherridan, I absolutely cannot picture YOU in a "pick`em up" truck with
a rifle rack. Nor do I feel comfortable trying.

"To HELL with the absentee ballots. I want to be President
                             right now! NOW! NOW! NOW! MINE MINE MINE!"
                                                     Buzz "Dubya" Lightyear

               Cheers                 ML