Re: Washington Post on ticket prices

>Yes it's an article about the sale of N'Sync tickets, but it's a long and
>in-depth look at how tickets are really sold, why they cost what they do
>and why you can't get any.

In retrospect, I really thought The Who did a good job of blocking this
system on the US tour.  It appeared that they did it by holding back the
front seats until the week of the show.  I'm not sure this was through the
VIP system or if they just flat held them off the market, but whatever, the
most sought-after tix didn't go on sale far enough ahead for the brokers to
turn them over.

There were lots of complaints about the asking price for the Y2K tour tix,
but I'll bet they actually sold for less than popular acts whose asking
price was less.  Plus, we can expect the band got more of the take and the
brokers got less.  Not too bad, huh?

keets