Jerzy Kosinsnki's "Pinball"

hi,
I just picked up Jerzy Kosinski's novel "Pinball", and
I was wondering if anyone else on the list has read
it, and if so, do you know of any connection to The
Who?  It's about a formerly succesful classical music
composer who sets out to find the identity of a
mega-superstar rock performer.

I know, I should just read it all to find out, but if
you all know any connection I thought it might enhance
my enjoyement of the novel.

One line does refer to a guy who plays "a mean
pinball" - so it got my curiousity -

thanks,
Christy