Thought piece on Townshend and The Who

There's a long thought piece on Townshend and The Who at:
http://www.ironminds.com/ironminds/issues/001109/tunes.shtml

It's not a positive review but it makes some good, powerful points of criticism
that are hard to shake.  Here's my favorite bit:

"Having seen the band perform on the tour Townshend writes about so
prolifically, I'd wager that more of his creativity is invested in managing
perceptions of what he's doing than in what he's actually doing - not unlike
that of our presidential candidates, many celebrities and public figures of all
stripes."

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm