GLASGOW; BEST SHOWS I EVER SAW!!!

The Glasgow shows where 2 FUCKING GREAT SHOWS! The best I ever saw!

(a somehow different and censored version can be find on the coolboard)

DAY 1

Got into Manchester in time to get to the Manchester show... The fucked up
thing was that I had to take my flight to Glasgow. I fucking missed a great
show (I heard) because of logistics (and some other fucking ticket trouble).
That hurt me a lot... But oh well...

DAY 2

"Losing my shirt"

Queued up early, I was the 2nd in line. I took my dirty union jack soccer shirt
  to get it signed. I had a long talk with someone from security and he told me
he could get it signed by Pete and Roger too (long story, I actually
believed him
and there was a big chance that that would happen). So I handed him my
emotionally valuable shirt. Walking back I was thinking "OH SHIT WHAT HAVE I
DONE!!!" I had lost my shirt and would never see it again... :-( I AM
FUCKING STUPID!!!

"The Big Pisser"

Finally got my spot right in front of Roger. Joe Strummer was horribly drunk.
His music is OK, but I cannot really *LISTEN* to it. :-) The crowd was really
getting into Joe (must've been because 90% of them was drunk). A guy pissed
on my leg and was punching me (WF; SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!). I didn't want to
get into a fight so I ignored
him and notified the security, who really are life-savers!!! From there on
I was
thinking it could only get better from now on. And it did... But then the same
bloke started pissing on my leg again (WF; SHUT THE FUCK UP!)!!! So I stood
aside, notified the security
and all of a sudden 4 big guys took him out from behind me (thank got he was
finished pissing because otherwise I would've gotten it everywhere!!!). Now
I could enjoy the show.

"The Fucking Who"

The Who came on. And I was getting crushed up to a point where I was either
going to throw up (because my stomach was up against the barrier and I had
  ate that day was fried food, smart choice) or going to spit blood. Was it
that
bad? Yes it was... Pete looked at the crowd when he came on and looked very
surprised and
worried. Afterwards I heard that Pete didn't know it was a GA show. During My
Wife he was looking right at me, and so did Roger. They where looking very
worried. Pete said something to Roger and then they looked back to me (and
my face was turning red and I was expecting my eyes to pop out any minute
because of the pressure, but I told the security not to take me out!!!). Pete
and Roger's concern got me to tears. That is the first time I cried during "My
Wife". But that only gotten Pete and Roger look more concerned (they must've
thought I was crying because I was in pain!). From there on or so Pete didn't
look at the crowd anymore up untill the end. And when he did he looked over
the first few rows. They also played very fast, just to get it over with. Pete
didn't really do much fancy agressive stuff; that would only get the crowd
more arroused. :-)

Roger kept asking me if I was OK. That was a retorical questing so I answered:
"FUCK YEAH! JUST KEEP ON SINGING!!!" After Baba O'Riley & Don't Even Know
Myself I got his harmonica.

I got about 20 crowd surfers coming over me during the show. It was a tough
crowd. There was a boy behind me looking VERY wasted and he was likely to
throw up on me any second.

BARGAIN was fucking amazing!

At 5:15 John's solo was about to come up, but Roger just kept on humming
and Roger suddenly started to sing "I'm out of my brain on a train - on a
train,
etc.". Pete and John looked at each other, laughing (Roger didn't see
anything). John was standing there like "oh well" and Pete leaned against
Rabbit's organ, waiting for the thunder. AND THERE IT CAME!!! CAN YOU HEAR
THE THUNDER!!!??? OH YEAH! That solo just keeps getting better. John
looked tired though...

But the best was the encore. Pete was getting into it finally and he was on
fire. My Generation was the best I ever heard. I hope he'll put up an MP3 of
that on his site; because that was a great one. The crowd was singing the
first verse and everybody was jumping and going from one side to the other. It
was fucking mad. At the end Pete got into the jam. Playing one chord:
"TAKA-TAKA-TAKA-TAKA-TAKA-TAKA-TAKA-TAKA-TAKA-TAKA-TAKA-TAKA!!!",
doing that he was walking up front of the stage and machine gunned the
whole front center row, shouting out (and here it comes!): FUCK YOU, FUCK
YOU, FUCK YOU, DIE!!! . I was stunned. Afterwards I was thinking about it... I
really got some mixed feelings about that show. At first it was like Pete
seemed
concerned, but two hours later he was doing this... I understand he can get
swept up in the
music, and that's what we love... I reckon that is why John is my favourite
member, he's
a steady guy...

After the show I got my picture taken with Roger. He was wearing a cute cap
(forgot
what they call ' em) and a really cool coat. He looked like a cute little
teddy bear, I was
tempted to tickle him. :-) He looked so cute! I'll upload the photo to my
homepage...

DAY 3

Went shopping in Glasgow, looking for a life vest to wear to the show. Some
friends of
mine decided not to go up front because they did not have a death wish. I
was destined
to go up front again. Couldn't find a life vest though so I took a pillow
from the hotel
(which I paid £6.50 for).
I also bought a gift for John (for his birthday last month), a savings bank
(I thought he
could use that); it's a spider that actually steals a coin from you and put
it into the bank.
It's pretty nifty. I put £10 in it (because I know if I'd give an empty one
John would ask
where the money would be!).

Went to a heavy/death metal club that night. But I was just bummed out...

Called/e-mailed my girlfriend who was worried to death about me going to
these shows... Sadly, what I told her didn't make her feel less worried!!!

DAY 4

3rd in line. Arrived together with some young kids that where dressed up as
mods
(ahhh, how cute!!!). :-)
Spent a lot of time talking with Paul, Mary-Jane (if I am not mistaken??)
and Debbie;
really cool fans from the UK.

I had written "THE FUCKING WHO" on one side of the pillow I had taken with me
and "THIS KID IS ALRIGHT" on the other side (just to inform Pete I'm
alright and he
shouldn't worry about me, because that really was on my mind a lot).

The crowd was very relaxed (thank God). I had 4 rows of real fans behind
me. I even
had my own private spot at times and it was just great. The cushion helped
too. (you can see it on the picture at Pete's site)
Multifunctional (I could also sleep on it during Joe strummer and Janet
suggested to
throw it to John during Magic Bus). :-)

The show started and the boys kicked in. Pete looking a lot happier. John
was wearing
his green jacket. Roger introduced him before My Wife: "And in the green
corner...
Dressed in green... JOHN ENTWISTLE" (friday night he had his red coat on and he
did the same kinda introduction)

John: "Yeah, I was feeling like dressing like a peacan (sp?) tonight, so...".

They blasted away. A lot of windmilling and Pete going crazy on his guitar.
He even got
his mike stand and went down the neck of his guitar with it. I never saw
that before!

He was wearing his NEW ROCK BOOTS too...

At some point I held up my pillow saying "THIS KID IS ALRIGHT". Pete replied;
"Oh, are you?", I nodded and showed him I had it on the barrier, and he
replied: "Oh, I
see.".

The crowd was just great. we jumped, sang along, cried and really gotten
into it. That
really made it the best show I have ever experienced. The audience was just
great. The woman on my left saw The Who for the first time. Before the show
she kept asking me what they would play, and she was just so excited to
hear those songs that most of us are kind of sick and tired of like
"Pinball Wizard" or "You Better You Bet".
FYI; that photo on Pete's site was taken just before PBW; Roger pointed me
out to Ross, and said; "Now there's a face!". Ever seen me that excited on
the opening chords of PBW???

John did a stretched 5.15 solo, and halfway he let go of his bass, and gave
a tired look
like "sigh; isn't it over yet???"; but he played on and build up to a
climax, and after that
the crowd went crazy and John and Pete pointed to John. They must be really
proud
playing with such a great bass player I was thinking...

After the song half of the front row hailed and bowed to John.

I was going crazy for the entire show; I was really into it this time. I
just cannot recollect
any other show that got me so mad as this one. And I didn't do any drugs or
anything
before the show so that couldn't be it.

At the point they went off (just before the encore) Pete introduced The Who
and I held
out the pillow's side saying "THE FUCKING WHO" and Pete said: "you're
right! the
FUCKING who!". He pointed me out to Roger showing I had a pillow with me and
Roger laughed at me saying "he got a fucking pillow!!!" (made a picture of
him pointing at me and laughing) and Pete said it to John too and he saw me
and signaled that he liked my hair color.

BTW; everybody on the front row was making photo's. The security didn't mind,
they're there to save lives, not to stop people from having fun or
recording or making
photo's!

They came up again. Blasted us away again. During TKAA I held up my pillow
saying
"THIS KID IS ALRIGHT"... Apparantly someway I'm not alright because Pete was
yellingng at me: "YOU'RE FUCKING STUPID!". What that was about, I don't know.
Maybe I made an ASS out of myself or something like that (as usual). But
carrying a pillow to a rock concert could illicit that sort of comment, I
guess... Or maybe I just misunderstood Pete, because maybe what he was
trying to say is "I LOVE YOU TOO!!!"; but he just has a strange way of
saying it... I just love it how you can interpret Pete sometimes...
Or maybe Pete read my signature file...

My Generation was amazing again. 4 or 5 bangs against his knees, hip and
hipside. I
took shots of all those bangs.

Fucking great show...

Oh yeah, and I got my shirt back! The security guy had forgotten about it,
lost it, but
another guy found it, took it home for safety and brought it back on
sunday, so I got it
back!!!

Things couldn't get any better!!!

DAY 5

Because of floods I was stuck in Glasgow and couldn't go home by train...
Things
REALLY couldn't get any better... Damn... But I really didn't care much
about it. I was
still alive and I had just seen 2 great shows and I wish I could see more
of them... I wish
I could do the whole tour, oh well... I'll see them again in London for 4
shows...

I didn't get to give my present to John... Took out the 10 quid I put in
there because I
had to make a lot of calls and change travel tickets. I took a night bus
from Glasgow to London and from London a bus to Utrecht (The Netherlands).

I had some mixed feeling about The Who and all... Maybe still have... But
there's one
thing for sure; they're the FUCKING best band on the planet and I FUCKING
LOVE THEM!!!

Called my girlfriend and she totally freaked out when she saw me on Pete's
website (we actually have met at a WHO concert at MSG where I was standing
next to her; and she's exactly what a WHO fan like me was looking for). She
wanted to know who those girls next to me where. :-)
On to the next concerts in London... LONG LIVE ROCK!!!
Oh yeah; and YOU'RE ALL FUCKING STUPID!!!
(that means I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!)
Cheers,
Bjørn Ciggaar
http://www.warande.net/~ciggaar

"Is that your natural hair colour???"
- John Entwistle after seeing my hair (7th of October)