Re: "Doug" cartoon plays Pinball Wizard

--- Joe Lewinski <lewinski@icanon.com> wrote:
> I was making my kids lunch on Saturday and they were
> watching a cartoon show called "Doug".  In this
> eppisode Doug was about to challenge the high score
> on a video game.  As we mounted his virtual reality
> equipment, my Who radar picked up a weak but
> discernable
> version of "Pinball Wizard".
>
> I pointed this out to my kids, and my 9 year old
> daughter
> said she recognized it.  She said "yes daddy, I can
> hear
> the da-dum at the break."
>
> Did anybody else see this?
Yup, I have younger siblings who wacth that show.
Most of the references are to the Beatles because of
Doug fave band, The Beets, but I remember that
episode.  Don't ask me why I remember that stuff, it's
just that, that cartoon has been on since I was in 7th
grade and they keep playing them over and over.  If I
remember correctly Doug was dressed kinda that way
Elton John was in Tommy.

Shanna