divided?

Did anyone read that article on www.thewho.net/bootlegs from record collector
mag. it said that the 1974 charlton show people are divided. some say the who
were at their best while others who were at gigs from 68-70 said the who were
going thru the motions and were a greatest hits tour??? i thought they were
getting ready to peak, which they eventually peaked in 75.76. I know they
were dissatisfied with quad and didn't play more than 3 numbers from the who
by numbers but they performed some classic shows in my opinion. does anyone
else who was there have a thought?

scott
http://pilam76.tripod.com/TheWhoCD'S