Re: Blue Red and Grey

>From: Shanna Smith <prophet85@yahoo.com>
>To: thewho@igtc.com
>Subject: Re: Blue Red and Grey
>Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 16:27:32 -0800 (PST)
>
>Derick wrote:
>Was'nt WBN really a Pete solo album
> > that he just Gave to
> > The Who ?
> > 'How many friends ?' .'However Much I booze' ? Oops!
> > That's three songs
> > already!
>It is very much, a Pete confessional.  I do seem to
>remember reading that Roger didn't want to sing
>"However Much I Booze" because it was too personal.
>It would be interesting to think how it would have
>turned out if Pete had done that album alone, minus
>John's "Success Story."  What do you all think about
>John's writing?  I enjoy his twisted sense of humor in
>many of his songs.  He adds a certain wit to his
>music.
>
>Shanna

It took me a long time to get into Who By Numbers, but I love it now. If
Townshend had made it as a solo album it would have been much different to
The Who's version, I have no doubt. Less power, I suspect. But it's always
difficult to speculate.

Ah, Success Story...Entwistle's summing up of the rest of the album. He is a
truly great writer, and blessed with a wicked wit.

Boy, I'm getting really excited about seeing them again tonight in Glasgow.
I saw them here 20 years ago, and that's a long time to go without a live
concert of your favourite band. Still, I've managed to get tickets for my
brothers, loads of mates, and even my nephew.

Anybody see 'em in the USA?

Phil J.