RE: Fantasycrashharmonicsnewalbum

>From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade@akrobiz.com>
>Subject: Re: screen names
>
>Yes, by all means!  That Kevin from VT somehow worked his way
>into my apartment & crashed on my floor!  There's all sorts of loonies
>out there.

Heh, heh.  Crash and burn is more like it.
Were you ever able to get that drool stain out of your carpet?

>I play a little guitar.  It's about this big!  Har!
>- - SCHRADE in Akron

OH, *Guitar* !  I had to re-read that to make sure what you were talking
about. ;-)

>From: lee wallace <sprockethome@yahoo.com>
>Subject: guitar harmonics
>
>Harmonics, for loud guitars, are the overtones created
>by certain intervals of notes played together. These
>overtones blend in the vibrating air and "suggest"
>other notes to the ear which harmonize with the notes
>being played.

Sounds like you may be getting confused with feed-back.
Harmonics really have nothing to do with volume.
As Scott relayed, you simply place your finger lightly on a string at a
certain frett/area (for fretless instruments) and the note jumps up several
octaves from where pressing down hard would be.   It reaches the great
beyond!  It has to do with the quickening of the vibration beyond just the
shortening of the string length/vibration.
Beyond that, we need a physics major to address sound waves and speed.
Anyone?

>From: Jeff House <jjthandmeh@juno.com>
>Subject: Fantasy Life House concert
>
>My fantasy:
>With that in mind, I think  the ideal Lifehouse
>concert would involve a gathering of devoted (but not too devoted) Who fans
>who are invited to exchange ideas (in person) between themselves and the
>musicians. The Who would sponsor travel (from 2000 tour and PPV/DVD
>proceeds) for 1,000 fans and would select them from the various mail lists.
>Jeff in MA

Boy, *that* would be an "intimate" event. Would there be "kissy-face"
involved? ;-)

Seriously though, why does this have to be a fantasy???
I've got a farm up here all picked out.
Travel would be easy.
I've said it once, and I'll say it again.........WHOSTOCK LIVES !!!!!!
Keep hope alive!

>From: Shanna Smith <prophet85@yahoo.com>
>Subject: Re: Roger interview in Manchester Online
>
>I'm gonna stop getting my hopes up for that supposed
>"new album."  Pete has said time after time that he
>either can no longer write for The Who or for Roger's
>voice, so I figure it's not gonna change.
>
>Shanna

I for one am more optimistic than ever.
Ok, what do we know at this time?
1) Rog has written new material (per Rog)
2) Pete has written new material (per Rog)
3) John as invited all to his pad (with enough space to get out of each
others hair if/when needed)
4) The band has been experimenting with new stuff on the road.
5) The idea of a new album has been discussed in just about every interview
since the tour announcement.
6) Their current drummer is loved by all in the band.
7) The time is ripe. If not now, then never (as Roger preaches).

The big question......Are they beyond the point of no return?

Stay in Tune,
Matt....I mean Joe, nah.....Steve in VT.......
Oh Hell, It's Kevin W. O'Neal in the Burlington area of Vermont.
Call me, write me, or just drop buy.
If you do, wear some orange.........it's huntin' season out here for cryin'
out loud!
By the way, mean people won't be welcome, and I'll leave it to my two dogs
to show you the exit.
:-)