Re: Harmonic guitar

Wow.  Thanks Scott, Lee and Lucas for those explanations.

At the risk of driving this thread straigt into the ground, let me summarize
what my non-musician mind is getting from this.  Please correct me where
needed.

The VH-style note harmonic is created by touching a vibrating string on the
fret board.  The Ramone-style chord harmonic is created by dragging the
thumb on the strings with the pick-hand in the same motion as the pick
strike or immediately after.  Both styles require high volume and practice
to make sure the extra note (or chord) created is in harmony with the
original sound created in the conventional way (be it by pick or by finger).

Pete is a pioneer of the chord style and likely influenced Ramone.  Pete has
been using the VH note style on this tour and is beginning to master it.

Thanks again!
Jeff - getting way too analytical :-)