Long Live Rock

I must agree with everyone who is saying rock still lives.  It's true....while the music scene as a whole right now is stinkier than a roadkilled skunk on an August day, there are a few bands out there that still rock....our boys, of course, Rage against the Machine, Patti Smith just put out a new album...and don't discount all of hip-hop as a genre because there is some kickass hip hop out there.  Its true that the form of rock as we know it, the traditional band setup that came from the blues, has been reduced to crappy wannabe rockstar bands that sing prefab songs and have never had an ounce of real rock rebellion in their veins because they are corporate puppets from the dark side.  But I personally think that rock music, (and here I refer to the "spirit" of rock and not the musical style itself) is due for a renaissance again.  People aren't going to buy this crap forever.  And as cool as electronic music is, there's just something about it that can't capture your emotions like guitar-bass-drums can.  At least, this is my basic hope.  It could be that I'm wrong, but I believe firmly in people's basic need to rebel, and when I am playing music with my friends or we're just sitting around listening to albums, you know, it's like we all have the same feeling of anger and community.  I don't know, it's hard to explain...guess I'm just rattling on...
32 days till the who!
16 days till my 21st!
ANNE