Re: BTTB: Final Grade: B+

>>What.  You think they should retire after this?

>What you want them to be compared with the Rolling Stones and be touring
>till thier hips give out and they have to use walkers hooked up to IV's?

I don't think they'll ever be quite like The Stones.  TED seem to have a
different focus.  Interestingly, I believe they've updated their sound--sort
of straddled the line between 1982 and now.  These are still very quirky and
creative people, and I wouldn't be surprised if they don't yet come up with
new and different stuff.

>They're being hypocritical enough. What ever happened to "Hope I die before
>I get old"  That'd be a little strange song to be singing in the year 2010.

Like all of Pete's songs, it can be sung in different ways, and I sort of
like the current interpretation.  ;)  Do you think they should have quit at
thirty?  That would have been around 1974.

>Long live rock yes,

Are you defining rock as a young man's game?  What do you think about rap
and hiphop?

>long live the Who? WEll hate to say it but they have to go sometime.

Is there some particular reason you think they should go now?

Leopold Stokowski had to be helped up onto the podium the last few years of
his life, but he was still a sharp wit and a hot conductor.  I believe the
man signed a ten year contract when he was 95.  Didn't quite fulfill it, but
he sort of lived his whole life that way.  Left quite a legacy.

keets