Opening for The Who?

I've got a few weeks' worth of digests to catch up on,
so I beg your forgiveness if this question has been
addressed already:  Have there been any announcements
or rumors about opening acts on the tour?

I've been listening to the 1996 Madison Square Garden
Quad show frequently lately, especially my favorite
track, "The Dirty Jobs," and I've been lamenting the
fact that Simon Townshend isn't scheduled to play with
The Who this time out (though overall I still welcome
the minimalist approach).  But why not have Simon open
for them?  I'm sure he'd be better received than many
other possible candidates...

Rich B.