Entwistle Lyrics; Christmas

Re John's best/worst lyrics:  My favorite is probably "It's Your Turn",
as Chico said.  I think it's the most Townshend-like song he's ever
written, at least with the Who.

Worst?  "Cousin Kevin".  The subject matter is too disturbing for my
taste, although I understand what the Who were trying to say by putting
in the incident.

And while we're on TOMMY, re the discussion of "Christmas":  I think the
line about "parcels...in curiosity" is one of the "Certain clumsy,
awkward lines" that Pete said still bugged him "to this day" in the
liner notes for ANOTHER SCOOP.  The other one, I'd guess, would be the
line about the "winter sun's ignited" (ignited? Weird.)  I personally
don't like the line about Tommy picking his nose.  Yuck.  But what
really bugs me about the song is not the lyrics, but the background
vocals.  Those squawking noises behind Roger's vocal are distracting and
don't seem to illuminate the song any, IMHO.  C'est la vie.  I actually
prefer the demo.

--Carolyn