Twofers; CD prices

>It is 2 for 1. Very complicated.

Kevin:

My very favorite configuration, as long as it's the correct two that is...

>Nope.  No word on that.  The radio broadcast did mention the $9.99
>price that's fairly common on the internet and in discount stores

LB:

I wouldn't count on that. The labels are planning a $1 increase in price per
in the next month or so. This will naturally be attached atop any such
discounting.

>What about saps who shop in tacky chain CD stores & pay upwards
>of $15.00 for those things !  I try to tell people about independent CD
>stores & they just stare back with blank expressions.  "No, I must buy
>my CD's at some kind of a mall conglomeration so I can really get screw-
>ed."  Suit yourself, pal.

Scott:

Of course, there's ALWAYS your local USED CD store. Now I can only speak for
my own, and of course I'm more than willing to provide CDs for anyone here
as well (just EMail any request), but I sell them for no more than $8 and
more often $7-5 per disc, all guaranteed not to skip. I feel sure most used
stores (the ones which aren't chains, like Disco Round or CD XChange that
is) will have similar prices and guarantees. There's the added advantage of
having CDs which are no longer in print. The choice IS yours. At the moment,
I have a remixed Tommy, the soundtrack version, the highlights from the play
single disc, Daltrey's Can't Wait To See The Movie, Townshend's Rough Mix
and Psychoderelict w/dialogue. And that's just Who stuff, and what I have at
the monent that I can remember at the moment.
Also, for anyone with MSWorks I can send my stock list, at least the current
one for any given catagory(s). This can change quite rapidly,
though...especially for stuff like Dave Matthews, Pink Floyd, Godsmack,
Metallica, etc.

>Do live a little.  I've heard several different copies of the Virgin
reissue
>and have never found one that had inferior vinyl.  It's the best way to
hear
>it right now unless you have a pristine Brunswick or you're Shel Talmy.

Brian:

I can hear no difference in the Virgin and the Brunswick included in the
Phases boxed set. I made my CDr copy from the Virgin (before I got Phases)
and it's MUCH better than the MCA version, including the second issue in
true mono.

>- - $18 and that's before tax.

Brian:

NO sales tax on mail orders, you know. Just FYI.

>Is that a deal or what??

It's what.

>So any word on when prices will fall and by how much??

I'd say the labels will fight it, which will delay any action. It could be
years. I mean, OJ is still walking around playing golf, isn't he?

                    Cheers                      ML