RE: Pete smashing Spin in DC while listening to my favorite lyrics!!!

> I've seen the video of SBE that's making the trade rounds.  It's very well
>
> done, and made on the night Pete smashed the guitar, although the filmer
> missed that particular event.
> keets

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Good to be able to catch him kick at the remains
on the ground though.  Got to love the "penny incident".
	Just love to hear Pete rant at the crowd.  What's great about The
Who in England is the true connection that comes through loud and clear.  I
watched a video recently of The Who in Essen Germany (circa 1982).  No
connection there.  Pete kind of looks like..."why the fuck am I talking to
you idiots, you can't understand me anyway!"  There's even a difference
between the connection with US fans and English fans.  In the US it seems
(IMHO) to be a "yes, thank you, you love us, we love you too", but in
England it seems (again IMHO) to be a true party atmosphere among friends.
Pete definitely is surly among his English brethren.   Maybe it's just
because the show was in Shep.

> From Spin's website: http://www.spin.com/noise/news
> by Beth Wawerna
>
> "The Who Benefit Who?
> In anticipation for their upcoming tour, members of The Who will hold a
> benefit concert. And according to Billboard.com, it will take place on
> June 6 - in New York! But who will benefit from a Who benefit? Benefit
> who Who benefit who who Benefit. Fun.

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Yeah, really funny.  Ha ha, ho ho.

>  (but hold on, I thought Mayor Guliani was
> doing that-oh wait, he squelches people. That's right. My bad).

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]   Oh shut up already!

>  this shit ain't
> cheap. Individual tickets run $2,000, and tables could cost you up to
> $100,000. I think it is safe to say that none of us at Spin.com will be
> attending this concert.

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]   **GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!**

> .Also, not unlike members of
> Kiss, from May 10-17, Pete Townshend will be auctioning off select
> pieces of memorabilia to benefit (benefit Who?) relief efforts in
> Mozambique and Ethiopia.

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]   [O'Neal, Kevin W.]  AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!  Leave it
to the assholes at SIN (p left out on purpose) to put "the band with makeup"
(I won't even do it) and Pete in the same sentence !!!!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

>  You can place your bids at
> www.auction.eelpie.com.

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Spin, you know where you can put *your* bid
!!!!!!!!

> There will be guitars, autographed posters,
> certification plaques, and author's proofs from Townshend's Horse's
> Neck. I have just recently sold the rights to my own neck for a lofty
> sum. Beth's Neck should be out sometime next fall."

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  OH GOD!!  Make it stop!!  Someone call 911,
'cause I'm gonna puke TO DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 15:19:09 -0400
> From: "tvc15" <tvc15@mail.tqci.net>
> Subject: Re: Who party????
> that's what I'm saying...  DC Metro area Who fans unite!  where's it gonna
> be?  is there anything set up already?
>
> >Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 09:17:57 EDT
> >From: Jdtr006@aol.com
> >Subject: Who party????
> >
> >Hello everyone!  I have been a "Who" fan since "Tommy" first hit the
> screen.
> >I have been lucky enough to get tickets to the Va/DC show at the Nissan
> >Pavilian, 8th row. What I am wondering about is if there are any parties
> or
> >get-togethers for all us fans before or after the show, or just anyone
> that
> >would like to get together. Please let me know either on here or email me
>
> >personally. Thanks!........Sandra

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Well, well, well.  Are you telling me there is
hope for the DC area after all??!!  At least the show isn't at the Nazi
Concentration camp also known as The Capital Center, where personal
enjoyment is VERBOTEN!! (please, no racial/religious slur intended here,
just pointing out how lame The Cap. Ctr. can be.  Plus, I'm a first
generation German, so I can make fun of my heritage.  Hmmmm,
O'Neal....German......*you* figure it out).
	I've been waiting to see if anything materializes at Nissan.
	If it does, I'll be there.
	Dave Haller, Derick Bhubsingh, and I (and a cast of unknown
characters from "the hood") are already planning to join forces in the
parking lot.  The goal is to get Dave really drunk so we can take his front
row ticket from him. ;-)
	His plan is to dehydrate himself as much as possible to avoid any
piss breaks!  More on this story after the show!!
	We plan on getting there early and parking in the back left along
the hill/woods where staff often park.
	It's a great place to Tail-gate.
	Sandra and TVC15, get your crews together and come on bye.

	Have to chime in here on fav. lyrics (hard to keep up with you Who
nuts!:). What I love is the contrasts.  For example:

	(recently posted this fav.) "You say she's a virgin, well I'm gonna
be the first in.  Her fella's gonna kill me, ooooo fuckin' will he"
	No offense ladies, but I've always loved that line.  Some macho
hedonistic thing I guess.

	-contrast-

	"Layin' on my back in the newly mown grass.  Rain is commin' down,
but I know the clouds will pass.  You bring me tea, say the babes a
sleepin'.  Lay down beside me, love ain't for keepin' ".
	Also love the guitar solos on this song.  These lines have always
painted the picture of a great relationship for me.....something to always
work toward.

	or.

	"I sing my song to the wide open spaces, I sing my heart out to the
infinite sea.  I sing my visions to the sky high mountains, I sing my song
to the free".
	Wow, can this guy create a positive feeling or what????  I think of
these lines every time I reach the top of a Greenmountain summit.

	-contrast-

	"A strange surprise, what I despise in other guys is here in me.
They lose their girl, they lose their world, then they cry for all to see."

	(skip a verse)
	"the sun is shining but not for me"...."the sun is shining, BUT NOT
FOR ME!!!!!!
	I've never felt so bad.  The virus drives me mad."

	finally, just 'cause I've always liked it.

	"I tip my hat to the new constitution, take a bow for the new
revolution.  Smile and grin at the change all around me. Pick up my guitar
and play, just like yesterday.  And I get on my knees and pray, we don't get
fooled again."

	Don't we all.

	Stay in Tune,
	Kevin in VT.