No Subject

"The Who Benefit Who?
In anticipation for their upcoming tour, members of The Who will hold a
benefit concert. And according to Billboard.com, it will take place on
June 6 - in New York! But who will benefit from a Who benefit? Benefit
who Who benefit who who Benefit. Fun. Ok, the Who will benefit the Robin
Hood Foundation, a fundraising organization geared towards squelching
poverty in the New York area (but hold on, I thought Mayor Guliani was
doing that-oh wait, he squelches people. That's right. My bad). This
event will take place at the Javits Convention Center. Robin Williams
will host it, which means there will probably be much flailing (not in a
Michael Stipe way) and chest hair. In related news, this shit ain't
cheap. Individual tickets run $2,000, and tables could cost you up to
$100,000. I think it is safe to say that none of us at Spin.com will be
attending this concert. The Who's summer tour launches June 25 at the
World Music Theatre outside of Chicago. Also, not unlike members of
Kiss, from May 10-17, Pete Townshend will be auctioning off select
pieces of memorabilia to benefit (benefit Who?) relief efforts in
Mozambique and Ethiopia. You can place your bids at
www.auction.eelpie.com. There will be guitars, autographed posters,
certification plaques, and author's proofs from Townshend's Horse's
Neck. I have just recently sold the rights to my own neck for a lofty
sum. Beth's Neck should be out sometime next fall."

                -Brian in Atlanta
                 The Who This Month!
                 http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm