Who's closest

After being a huge Who fan since I was 12 years old, which was 28 years ago.
I am certain the only band in the world that comes anywhere close to them is
Holland's Golden Earring. I'm surprised I haven't read much on your list
about the comparisons between the two bands. Barry Hay and George Kooymans
are the Dutch version of Daltrey and Townshend with the drumkit-leaping
Cesar Zuiderwijk pounding away on the skins in very Moon-like fashion.
Golden Earring have been together since 1965 and were asked by the Who to
join their European tour in 1971, which then continued into 1972 with dates
at Madison Square Garden. The two bands became good friends and Daltrey told
them they were far too good to be an opening act, thus the eventual signing
with the Who's Track Record label. The Who still are, and have always been
the world's most exciting band but I am surprised Who fans haven't picked up
on the similarities between them and their Dutch cousins. Check them out if
you can. You won't regret it.

Ian Stewart Palmer