Re: HOB Vid

>As I have stated repeatedly, the HOB records both audio and video
every show in LA. I would imagine (read speculating) that HOB has an
archive of every show ever played at their facilities in the same
manner as Bill Graham Presents. HOB would especially be stupid if they
didn't record those particular shows. The question becomes has does one
get a copy not if a copy exists.

Ah, interesting that you should mention this.  Here's an article that
appeared in our local paper yesterday.

HOUSE OF BLUES ROCKS VIDEO ON THE INTERNET

Los Angeles -- HOB.com, the Internet arm of the House of Blues concert
venue company, said Monday it will offer music video digital downloads
on a pay-per-view and ongoing basis, launching initially with 13
selections.  The music videos are gleaned from the archies of
performances at the 27 venues owned by HOB Entertainment Inc.

"The tracks we offer must be to our high standards, so initially our
strategy is to concentrate on the music we've recorded," HOB digital
Inc. senior vice president Stephen Felisan said.  The company is
launching with an eclectic array of music that includes such enduring
acts as Jethro Tull, Cheap Trick, Public Enemy, Squeeze and They Might
Be Giants.

HOB is using Microsoft Windows Media Player 7 technology, debuting
today, and Windows Media digital-rights management security software.
Customers get two downloads of the same track for a $2.99 fee, one 300K
and one 650K.  The fee gives the user a nonexpiring license for the
video, and the Mircrosoft technology prevents the user from sharing the
video with other computers.

LB