RE: Critics everywhere! :-)

> I think you're right, Pete has been concentrating a bit too much
> on the acoustic (where he is better than he's ever been)

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  He truly is a master on acoustic.

> The voices, on the other hand, are not going to improve.  I think it's
> the only point where The Who's age really shows.  Sorry but I think it's
> true.
> -Brian in Atlanta
>
> Not only do voices change with age, but they've got 35 years of wear on
> them.  It's something they just have to work with, but they're doing well.
>
> I'm amazed at how great they sound.
> keets

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Good points, and no arguments here.

> That is exactly why I am anxiously awating the tour.  Most likely the
> constant performances will sharpen thm to a razor's edge.  If the Who
> we've been hearing of late is an unrehearsed Who, watch out come the
> summer.
> Dave C.

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  That's what I'm thinking!  These shows in  '99
[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  were largely unrehearsed!  Just imagine how good they
are going to sound after some rehearsal time, and a few shows,
	I read recently that Pete didn't want to spend much time rehearsing.
I can't imagine that they wouldn't spend *some* time tightening things up.

>  From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade@akrobiz.com>
> I dig his soloing from '69 - '76.  Especially the '69 - '70 Gibson SG era.
> And while not technically astounding, some of these solos make me
> hop around with abandon.  The best soloing is on "Heaven & Hell,"
> "Young Man Blues," & the noisy "Sparks" intro part.  The "improv"
> songs.
> The dips & dives, the screeches, the stops, the jazz-noodling, the shifts
> in tone, the spaces where he allows the chord to sustain........these
> solos (& the accompanying Moon/OX barrage) is Art, & It, for me.  There
> is nothing more glorious & redeeming in life.

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  OOoooooo, you've said a mouth full.  EVERYONE,
please re-read what Scott has written, and feel the WHOness flow through
your veins.  If you could bottle it, and inject it, I'd be a junkie (already
am.........AS FAR AS THE WHO that is!).

	That was pretty painless.  Good to seem I'm not alone in my
thinking.
	Just to be clear, that old saying comes to mind.  "A team (band) is
only as strong as it's weakest link".  The Who is a pretty damn strong

	Stay in Tune,
	Kevin in VT.