re- kevin's comments

It's hard for me to pin down if there is a weak point or not,however I
somewhat agree with Kevin's observations on Pete's playing. So do a few
others by the looks of it. There were times when I saw pete play a really
good solo only to fumble or screw it up just when He should have
(maybe) taken it a little higher ! And I always wondered why ? Then again
I'm sure it's not easy playing the guitar whilst you're flying through
the air and leaping etc....The Birdman He most certainly was ! So I'll
forgive Him for those unfinished solo's, Rock On Pete .
Mark: This was before Tommy and the great 'touring' years so to speak.
They were still regarded as more pop than rock. The Hollies were actually
very,very,popular and probably had more hit singles than The
Who.The tremeloes were simply a cute sounding band with a couple of hits,the
girls liked em'.
Someone on another list recently said that Pete was the Heart of The Who
or something like that. Undeniably,without Pete's songwriting<The Who
as a band may not have flourished,however,that does not take away any
other respect from the others or their contribution. The four of them,
Daltrey,Moon,Entwistle and Townshend is what made The Who so magically
brilliant,so special.You can't argue with that.
Regards,
Derick.