Survival; Harmonizing; Kids

>Writing from Boston, I haven't received my copy of
>Blues to the Bush yet, either. It's May 1. I ordered
>it within seconds of when it became available...

Inga:

Sucks, doesn't it? I didn't go to the store (where it's being sent)
yesterday, so I'm hoping I'll find it this morning...we'll see...I made the
Bridge School / Kampuchea CD last night just in case it's not there, so I
will survive another day...

>Also, if I never hear Behind Blue Eyes, Won't Get
>Fooled Again or Magic Bus again live, that will be OK.

Where have you been all my life? I KNEW I should have gone to Boston U.!
Well, I AM glad to know there are others who would like a more fan-based
show. After all, as good as they may be now...they aren't going to have the
power they used to, so the set list should change to reflect this. IMHO.

>Oh, I'd agree that in the studio there were many bands that beat The
>Who.  What I was saying was about their live harmonies. Even then they
>probably didn't match The Beach Boys (and wouldn't hold a candle to The
>Lettermen) but they were certainly better live than The Beatles or The
>Stones at live vocals.

Brian:

Well, you'll notice I didn't mention either. In fact I wouldn't blame The
Beatles because they couldn't hear themselves, and the Stones only had great
harmonies for studio songs like Dandelion. I was also talking about live
harmonies; I've heard all of the mentioned bands at least on a TV show
segment, and they were able to pull it off.
On the other hand, a friend of mine (many years ago) told me he didn't like
Sell Out because it sounded like The Beach Boys.

>Complaints?  Minor ones.  The liner notes aren't 100% correct.  It was
>stated that "The Kids are Alright" hasn't been played since 1996, when it
>was played during the "Quadrophenia" tour in 1997.

Joe:

Yes, I saw Daltrey do it solo in Raleigh 7/97. I was impressed with his
(acoustic) guitarwork, and the song was wonderful. Damn, that was a good
show!

>For a while,in Britain at least,a number of writers shared the opinion
>that The Who were something of a surfer band due to the melodies in some
>of their songs.

Derick:

That's pretty funny! Did they think the same of the Tremeloes and Hollies?

                           Cheers                            ML