Re: albums

:::::::::Now, can someone out there please tell me what Ride a Rocking Horse
has to
offer to a die hard Who fan who has not the means of obtaining said album?
I'd love to hear it.::::::::::

Well I just ordered Ride A Rock Horse from www.cdnow.com (it's like 18.99
imported and is very available) because I was watching the video compilation
I got off of ebay and was stunned at how it wasnt that bad of an effort, in
fact it was an eclectic and solid set of music by Roger whose solo work has
always been underrated , at least here in the states.  Its a great sampling
of Rogers upfront style of performing,

 ::::: Who here loves the album It's Hard?  I happen to think it is a solid
album but it has been panned left, right and centre. ::::::::

I agree with you on some of the songs Face dances is a pretty weak album as
a whole though, It's hard was an improvement, The two albums were just such
a decline in quality from For instance WHO ARe YOU, I have often thought and
have always wished that they had taken the best tracks from the "MCVICAR"
soundtrack, Daltrey's "Under A Raging Moon" and Pete's "Empty glass" and
Johns "Too Late the hero"  and made one more solid fantastic album they
would have gone out the first time a little bit better  and with less
criticism.
Here is a track list for what  should have been the next who album in my
opinion
1. Eminence Front
2. Another tricky day
3. Rough Boys
4. Let my love open the door
5.After the Fire
6.Too Late the Hero
7.The Sea Refuses No River
8.I Won't Run Any More
9. Heart To hang Onto
10.Face the Face (optional)
11.Fire (optional)
12.Dangerous(optional)

Now in my opinion this track list is representative of a who album: All
great tracks, as individual and dynamic as the men who wrote them.
A who album should be like a box of fire crackers colorful, diverse, able to
go off at any minute and  dangerous

drew w