Page and Black Crowes - Together Again

 <<Page and Black Crowes - Together Again.html>>

Here is the article.
Hope this works this time.

Kevin in VT.
Title: Page and Black Crowes — Together Again?
Go Network
GoHome   News   Money   Sports   Family Check e-mail
Search for on
Navigation

Shop Here for CD Players
Shop at:
Amazon.com

The Garth Brooks Touch 'Em All Foundation credit card!

March 2, 2000

Page and Black Crowes — Together Again?

Things got a little rough for fans of Jimmy Page and the Black Crowes who wanted to download Live at the Greek, the two acts' Internet-only concert CD. Traffic was so heavy at the Musicmaker.com Web site, which began selling the album Tuesday, that it temporarily crashed on the first night the music was available. Clearly there's enormous demand for hearing Page and the Crowes play together, which begs the question — when will they do it again?

"There's discussions," says the former Led Zeppelin guitarist, who accepted an invitation to play six dates with the Crowes last October in New York; Worcester, Mass.; and Los Angeles after asking them to join him for a benefit show in London the previous July. "There's many things that have been hinted at. We need the chance to sit down and have a good conversation about it. At the moment, we've all met up to sort of celebrate [Live at the Greek]. We haven't had a chance to sit down and talk. These aren't the sorts of things you talk about on the telephone."

Adds Crowes frontman Chris Robinson, "There's actually a lot of things being discussed as far as getting to make some more music this year. We'll probably know in the next couple of weeks."

There's a consensus among concert promoters that a more extensive Page-Crowes tour would be welcome this summer. A rumor was floated earlier this week that the two acts would be joined by The Who for a summer tour; the musicians and their managers — including Bill Curbishley, who handles both Page and The Who say there's no truth to those reports. But they didn't deny that a joint tour could happen, either.

There's also the matter of whether Page and the Crowes might consider recording new music together, either for a joint album or on each other's projects. Robinson acknowledges that "you can definitely hear Mr. Page's influence" on some of the Crowes' new songs, while his brother, Crowes' guitarist Rich Robinson, says, "We might want to have Jimmy play on some stuff on the record. Who knows?"

Page, meanwhile, prefers to remain circumspect. "As I said, there's a lot of different things that have been discussed. We have so many different options. When the time comes, we'll let everybody know what we're doing."

Until that time, fans will have to content themselves with Live at the Greek, which was recorded during Page and the Crowes' two-night stand at Los Angeles' Greek Theatre. The album is available as a pre-selected two-CD set, or buyers can customize their own album from 19 available songs. Gary Graff

WALL OF SOUND: Send us mail | Advertise on this site | Privacy Policy
Copyright ©2000. Disney Enterprises, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form. Please click here for legal restrictions and terms of use applicable to this site. Use of this site signifies your agreement to the terms of use.