Til my puzzler was sore...

>"Substitute" was in the Smithereen's repertoire

Alan:

And that's not all. I've seen them many times, they are a great concert
band, and they've never failed to please. It has been some years since
they've played Myrtle Beach, but the last time was a bit special for me. As
the show was coming to an end, the crowd thinned and I found myself standing
somewhat alone in the middle of the "dancefloor," directly in front of the
band. I'm sure I was at the least noticable (tall, long blonde hair, black
clothing) to them from the stage. Anyway, they went into The Seeker, and
when the lead singer said "I'm looking at YOU!" he pointed directly at me. I
must admit before I go farther that the sound man was a fellow whose band I
ran sound for some time earlier, and I'd bet he saw me too although we
hadn't spoken in years (nor did we that night)...so I suppose it's possible
he told them, but how was he to know what they were going to play (as he
works locally and hired for that particular gig)?
What I'm trying to ask is: do I LOOK like a Who fan or something? Not that
I'd mind...but I've puzzled over that one for years.

BTW, they've been known to do Young Man Blues, too. If that counts as a Who
song.

          Cheers                             ML