Who's Best After All

> plenty of intelligent, knowledgable music fans who aren't on this list
that
> you're not entirely "right".

Jeffree:

As someone who is a Rock fan first and a Who fan because they are the best
Rock band, I have to say we are right if what we're saying is The Who is
the greatest Rock band to ever walk the face of the Earth. And even as you
did, I'll gladly share my reasoning...

> fusion-jazz alot. It's incredibly challenging writing and masterfully
> performed. More so than the Who, to be fair.

This depends on the album you're talking about. Some of them are garbage.
Besides, Brubeck is the king of Jazz.

>    "In your face?" i have a friend who listens to Rage Against The
Machine.

My sympathies...

Seriously, Rage isn't half the band The Who are and let's give the devil
his due...The Who were the first "in your face" band. The Beatles were cute
but acceptable, the Stones were the naughty boys your Mom didn't want you
hanging out with, and The Who were dangerous hooligans you were told to
stay away from.
Hey, ANYONE can imitate someone else. After I opened my used CD store, two
Mall stores began carrying used CDs. I showed them it was profitable, so
they copied me. However, I was the one who took the risk. And thankfully,
they're incompetent as Hell so it's only made me look better.

>    Great lyrics? i have a friend that loves Bob Dylan, for that very

Dylan is a better lyricist, Lennon/McCartney are better music writers, but
no one can put both together better than Pete. Ray Davis, ALMOST. Andy
Partridge of XTC, when he's at his best.

>    Great singer? There are plenty of better singers out there than Roger,

Depends on how you look at it. He might have been the best ->Rock<-
vocalist after Plant lost his voice. He's not Sinatra, and I'm not unhappy
about that.

> better bassists than John (Stanley Jourdan pops to mind)

Ahhhhnnnt! Wrong! John is without equal. Moon too. They are/were the very
best performers.

> WHat i mean is, Frank Zappa wrote alot of challenging music

And a lot of crap, too. The Who's "crap percentage" is about as low as it
gets.

> that is why ALL rock critics are full of shit.

OK...I'll give you that one.

>    Oh and by the way, Led Zepp sucks.

Only after TSRTS.

> I tend to think Matt just couldn't manage the chat room with his other
> duties at Eelpie, whatever they are.  In any case, it wasn't handled
> very well.

Brian:

That's right. These things pretty much run themselves, and didn't they
consider a replacement? I wonder now if it wasn't just a way to gauge the
reaction to Lifehouse. Or perhaps Pete was unaware of there being
unpleasant fans. I don't know. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

> that were important, and I'll bet a couple of things slipped by during
the
> rehersals that upset Pete.

Keets:

And closing the BB solves this?

> Oh?  Who's that?

Very funny!

> Errrrrr.  Wrong.  Stanley Jordan is NOT better than The OX just like
> Eddie Van Halen is not better than Townshend.

Scott:

And besides, Van Halen got his licks from Jordan in the first place.

> Pete said TED would have performed if Roger hadn't been in Australia.  We

> may yet see Who involvement.

Keets:

Oh, I hope not! We've heard The Who do Baba/WGFA/BBE in their prime; must
we suffer endless versions now? I mean, didn't Pete learn ANYTHING from The
Stones???

       Cheers                  ML