RE: The Who Mailing List Digest V7 #64

> Music is just entertainment, and
> what entertains you may not entertain the next guy.

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Don't get me wrong here, I agree with most of
what you are saying, but I strongly believe the devotion to The Who by many
is the result of a deep identification of thoughts, feelings, attitudes,
etc.
	Music is more than just entertainment, it can be a guiding light.
It can (and is for me) confirmation of what we believe in, who we are, etc.
	I know you'll probably agree with this statement, just like I agree
with the statement below  ;-) no matter how much our assholes smell !!!!
:o)

> Oh and by the way, Led Zepp sucks.
> peace&anarchy,   jeffree
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 06:10:34 PST
> From: "Derick Bhupsingh" <circles01@hotmail.com>
> Subject: Pete's chatroom closing.
>
> It's very sudden and startling. I was part of a particular thread
> which got a little out of hand but was nothing compared to some posts
> that got a particular person banned. This thread of which I speak was
> just a few people having fun really. no more. Some of you may have seen
> it.If that's the reason then I have to apologise to all of you.
> however, I seriously don't think it is as the webmaster would have
> surely stepped in with a warning or something. There was none.
> Maybe more reasons will be given.
> regards,
> Derick.

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  No way Derick.  You have nothing to apologize
for.  That thread was in fun, and just about all knew it.  I have to say
that Pete's site was at first very frustrating to me.  It was hectic and at
times combative.  One wrong move, and blammo.  It caused me to be ultra
sensitive to what was replied to me.  I had a hard time figuring out who was
really mad, and who was just fuckin' around etc..
	This, however was beginning to ease as of late.  The volume *was*
huge, and this made it somewhat a pain to keep up with, but at least there
was an increasing feeling of camaraderie.

> >Yes, it seems so. Rather sudden, wasn't it? I haven't had a lot of time
> >read it; did something happen which caused this? I'm not happy about it,
> >but I imagine only one person is.
>
> Oh?  Who's that?
> keets

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  I would think the only person who is happy would
be Matt.  What a headache it must have been to have to sift through all the
posts to find serious questions/issues to bring to Pete.
	***BUT***, why take the entire chat room away???  Why not just
provide Pete's private E-mail (as was done) for issues, and let the fans
blab away without monitoring??  If something got out of control, then Pete
or Matt could have been E-d privately.
	All this said, I really don't care either way.  The chat room was
not an effective way of gathering information.

> Errrrrr.  Wrong.  Stanley Jordan is NOT better than The OX just like
> Eddie Van Halen is not better than Townshend.  Stanley Jordan is
> unique & unquestionably talented but "he don't rock like no OX."

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Jeffree, I knew you were going to get it for the
OX comment!  I have to say, I agree strongly with Schrade on this.

> >No, you were correct:  Led Zeppelin *does* suck.  White trash >bullshit.
> >
> >- SCHRADE in Akron
> Ouch!
> - -cory

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Reminds me of a post on Pete's site where
someone wrote regarding Page/Who tour...something like "I want the Who to
tour alone, I don't want to hear assholes yelling "ROCK AND ROLL !!!"  ;-)
	Just to be clear, I like some of Zepp's music, it just doesn't have
the insight, intelligence, or the virtuoso musicians that The Who has.
Besides, what copy cats!!
	Just one smelly assholes opinion.  ;-)

	Stay in tune,
	Kevin in Vt