Guitar question and Hello Anne...

Hola Wholigans...

I can't remember who asked this question:

>To you guitar experts:  What's the note that Pete
>strums at the very beginning?  Is it the same note as
>his "I Can See For Miles" guitar solo?  What about the
>strumming at the beginning of "Pinball Wizard" and at
>the end of REM's "Losing My Religion"?

...but I thought they were referring to "Pure and Easy".  If so, the opening
riff is in the key of C.  I Can See for Miles is in E.  Pinball Wizard's
opening riff is in D.  Hope that helps.  Check out Guitar Tabs for
www.thewho.net if you want the tabs for tons of songs.  Who and solo.

Also, just wanted to thank our newest Who nut, Anne for her charming post
pertaining to Quad and her awakening.  Welcome to the fold!  I really dug
your description of it.  Reminded me of my Who-baptism.  Ironically, I
became a Who fan the day Keith died.  It was on the news and they showed
that famous blurry photo of him about to crash his cymbals.  I was glued to
the news story.  Once the news was done, I ran to my brother's 8-track
player and played the Kids Are Alright soundtrack for about a month
straight.  Who's Next was next, then Quad and I haven't stopped since.  God
bless our Who.  The best thing about being a Who fan is, you NEVER get tired
of them.  I've been an apostle since '78 and I discover/rediscover elements
of their music and personna with every listening.  Being a Who devotee isn't
a fad, it's a way of life.  Anne, you discovered that when you connected
with Quad.  Quad has been and continues to be my savior when I'm down.  My
guess is, I'm not the only one either.

Be well friends...

Jim in Chicago

"There's a guitar up here for any big mouthed little git that wants to come
and fuckin' take it from me."  PT

is unauthorized.