From: "andrew wiechman" <Jovar1701v@email.msn.com>
To: "C P B" <moonshineboy99@hotmail.com>, <c>
Subject: Re: welcome Anne, Lifehouse price
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 09:36:22 -0500

I find it interesting that Quadrophenia seems to be the most common place
for new who fans to make a connection with the bands' message.  It was mine
too.  But the reason liked it at first  was because it was the heaviest
rocking album they had out, but then the message did come through ,even
though it was hard to make out the words once in a while,(I had the muddy
original MCA disc,,,,)
But I think the album that got me to the point where the who were my
favorite band was, don't laugh, The Who By Numbers, there something about
the honesty and pure frustration that Pete, John and the rest of the band
were feeling at the time,,, The cynicism and honesty in the songwriting,
helped cut through a lot of feelings I was having at the time, about my life
and where I was going in my career or whether to pursue it at all.
Even songs like "dreaming from the waist"  made clear how ridiculous how
some of the things I was feeling bad about really were.  But thats the album
for me.....
But thanks for indulging me for a bit friends
drew w