welcome Anne, Lifehouse price

>Hello all...
>I have been subscribing to this list for about a month now, but have >never
>written anything because at first I felt like I didn't know >enough Who
>stuff! But everyone's messages about how much we all love >them inspired me
>to write and introduce myself.
>Hi, I'm Anne, and I'm a whoaholic....

(cpb)-well hello Anne, it's good to have ya.

>Well, needless to say, I popped it in my car as I was driving home >and was
>transported into another world.  It is a testimony to the >sheer genius of
>PT that he can make sense of a 15 year old girls >life in the middle of the
>1990s in the US by singing about a 15 year >old boy !
>in the 1960s in Britain. I had never listened to music before like I
> >listened to that Quadrophenia tape.  Within a week of buying it I >had a
>seriously different outlook on life.  I had never felt so much >like
>someone knew how I felt.  After that I was completely hooked

(cpb)-i think a lot of people on this list can relate to this, maybe not
neccesarily w/ Quad, but also w/ other albums & songs
anyone?

>I am thoroughly confused.  I could have sworn that the original price of
>LIFEHOUSE CHRONICLES was 60 pounds plus shipping.  Now, when I go to
>eelpie.com, I see the price listed as 40 pounds--and *no* shipping cost,
>VAT, or anything!  This is very confusing, because AVATAR is also listed
>as 40 pounds, and it's only 3 CD's!
>
>What gives here?  Has the price really gone down (gasp!)?  Is there an
>error at eelpie?  What up?
>
>Thanks!
>
>- --Carolyn

(cpb)-as far as i know, they both were always 40 pounds (at least they both
were when i ordered)

One more note:  the band that i'm in had been working on, & as of last
night, finally played "A Quick One" live.  It's kinda bittersweet.  On one
hand, i love covering the Who, kinda paying homage to my heros.  On the
other hand (besides having different fingers), the three members of my band
that sing would never be mistaken for RD, PT or JAE anyday - especially on
the *very* high "You are forgiv...en!"--c*r*a*c*k (kinda make you feel 15
again)