Re: Random comments 'bout Chicago

>Rhetorical question: What do you think Pete regrets more, saying "I
>hope I die before I get old" or calling the 1982 tour the "farewell
>tour"?

"Farewell tour."  I think they've got the other one under control.  ;)

>On the topic new songs, I was listening to tapes of the Who's
>reissued CDs on the way to Chicago. And I thought to myself (with my
>brain), "Wasn't 'How Can You Do It Alone' a song developed on the
>road?" Let's hope that's just a bad example. :^)

Are you talking about the studio version?  Did you listen to the "Can't Do
It Alone" jam?  It is absolutely amazing that they improvised that.  I don't
like the way the jam is mixed on the cd, because you can't hear John.  Turn
the left channel up and you'll get a much better effect.  Best thing on the
album.

keets