RE: Kooky dancin', Concert tips for you young'ins, Pete

> A great band to see live, but I felt no need to follow the band or join
> any drum
> circle, or sell beads for that matter.

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  My only interest would have been the
"spectacle".  But that didn't even do it.

> OK, so imagine that dance to Still Crazy After All These Years.

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  No thank you.

> That was probably the beer. Beer at a concert is stupid, because it makes
> you have to leave the show rather often.
>         Cheers                 ML

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  People, people, people (well, guys).  All you
need is a CamelPak.  Slide that puppy down your pant leg.  When the need
arises, flip the fill-top open and,....well......Problem solved!
	Hell, in bike tours they piss while riding! Just keep the mouthpiece
higher than the bottle, or you've got a mess.

> From Pete's website:
> www.petetownshend.com

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Is this cool or what?!  I don't remember Pete
doing this during *Quad*.

>  My ears were screaming, my head throbbing (with high blood
> pressure),

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  My Dad gets this.  It's not funny.

>  I felt alone, and to be honest - pretty awful. I alway feel bad about
> subjecting my body
> (mainly my ears of course) to such an assault as it gets on stage with
> The Who.

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  It bums me out that he comes away feeling
"awful" from something that gives me so much joy.

>  because it is so sad that this music I helped to refine
> seems to demand so much human food -  it seems insatiable.

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  I'm telling you (and so is Pete), go do some air
jamming to Live at Leeds....just MG and MB.  Tell me you aren't spent.  I
don't know how they do it.

	It'll be interesting (that sounds weird, this isn't a science
project) to see how they all hold up.  But particularly Pete and Rog.  Zack
is young, John doesn't spend the amount of energy that the others do.

	I feel guilty, in a way.  Do we have the right to ask them to tour
anymore...with a stripped down band.....playing their most energetic
songs...all electric...high energy and all the other shit critics challenge
them to do?

> Love to everyone who has made the effort to sign on here and read this.
> Pete

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Thanks Pete, back at ya.

	Kevin in VT