Re: Chicago Show, Spanning the Generations

>Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 12:57:47 -0400
>From: "Inga Glodowski" <iglodowski@uses.org>
>
>Here's an interesting review of the June 25 opener from my mom.[snip]
>
>Thank you for having enough sense to buy me Who tickets.  I
>obviously had been to snobby to buy my own since I had my usual
>pessimistic expectations that their show might be an unenergetic
>rehash of greatest hits. Shame on me...The guys
>gave their all, and we walked away thoroughly impressed.

Now it starts :-).  The first trickle of the flood of similar
remarks, city after city..."I wasn't really interested in seeing
these old has-beens trundling it out for YET ANOTHER farewell tour
<snicker>, but my friend dragged me/I didn't have anything else to do
and HOLY SHIT THESE GUYS ROCK!!!"

Very cool of you to treat your parents, Inga.  Mine know more about
The Who than they might really care to because of me :-), but I don't
feature them going to a show.

>Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 11:04:40 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Bryan Wawzenek <brazenek@yahoo.com>
>
>P.S.  The concert f**cking rocked!  I am in even more
>awe of their talents...if that was possible.

Oh yeah.

Counting down to Pittsburgh/Holmdel.

Cheers,
--