re-Who drummers/Touring other countries

Scott asks why did Simon Phillips sit in for Zak ? Good question,seeing
Pete was recently asked the same thing and quipped "Cos He's Mr.Perfection"
I am also an admirer of Simon,however for whatever reasons,TED have chosen
Zak as their drummer and knowing the history/
closeness with Moon this MAY have something to do with it.Also Zak being
the drummer does add somewhat of a more celebrity status to the whole thing
than does Simon,though I would be the last person to Question SP
abilities etc...
I tend to agree with Brian regarding Why The Who don't play other than
UK,USA,Western Europe. I do know that they have had many offers to play,
Japan,South America and even Russia,(even before the wall came down) but
all were rejected.It's dissapointing to those fans I know,but it probably
has to do with logistics and wether such a tour could be at all
profitable.After all it's a business they're running too!I have travelled
thousands of miles to see The Who play UK,USA and Europe and
love every minute of it,to me the travel,the journey,the people you meet
on the way is all part of the fun.Nowadays distance is of little or no
consequence as air travel routes are improved and you can fly almost
anywhere from any location.So if you have'nt seen The Who yet there's
still time to consider it and make the trip to several US locations and
meet up with some Who fans that would be happy to meet you.
Regards,
Derick.