Time, Bush and Vindication!

>Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 07:43:38 -0400
>From: "Mark R. Leaman" <mleaman@sccoast.net>
>Subject: Re: Bushwacked
>
>>Mark: I will "humbly" apologize to Keets. Sorry, Keets.
>
>Dan:
>
>I'm impressed.
>
>> Now, Mark, why
>>don't you share with us that article in Time magazine that you read not
>
>Only too glad to. It wasn't only about the S&L, but his entire
>son-of-priviledge, failure-filled career. I no longer have the issue, but
>the cover had a closeup of his face and the words "President Bush?" Don't
>know if Time archives online, but you should be able to find it at your
>local library. Enjoy! I did. I believe it came out last Fall. But I
understand; the truth
hurts.

Mark,

Thanks, I was able to find it fairly easily. No, the truth doesn't hurt,
but pure vindication sure feels good! Here it is:

"How George Got His Groove The late-blooming Bush was a failure at 40. But
he changed his life and found a road that led him to the statehouse and
beyond"

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/articles/0,3266,26833-1,00.html

Enjoy, Mark, I sure did!

Tell me where it talks about G. W. being involved in  failed S & L's and
how the government had to bail him out? Granted, there were failed banks,
but to "pin" those on solely on Bush is rediculous. My previous staement
that G. W. wasn't involved in any S & L scandal was true then, and it is
true now! I said  that it was his younger brother Jeb  who WAS involved,
and I stand by that! By the way, most of G. W.'s "failure-filled career"
had to do with the collapse of oil prices in the '80's. I imagine a bunch
of other Texan's could then be described as "failures". If you still want
to call G.W. a failure today, then shouldn't we all fail so miserably!

I sure love how people can read an article, make misstatements about its
content, then stand behind it as "The Truth".

Dan