Shoreline Tickets

A few things for those of you coming to the Shoreline concert:  I went down on Saturday to try, with a friend, to get the "credentials" to buy tickets early.  Mountain View (that's actually where the amphitheatre is located) residents get to buy tickets for all events there a day ahead.  The caper was a bust for me and I ended up getting Sec 204, row P through Tickemaster the next day (my daughter got through by calling in from San Diego).  However,  residents who were there Sat morning were told starting with first guy in line, that there were no $153 seats available.  The famous or infamous, according to how you feel about them, tech companines in the Silicon Valley buy out the best seats for the Shoreline series of concerts and the series is available to the public, also.  Plus the ticket agencies probably get them, too.  If you go out to www.shoreline.com, you'll seat that the number of seats is limited.  I sat in the last row of Sec 200 for Bruce Springsteen years ago, and it was okay.  The rest of the 20-25K folks will be on the lawn behind the seats.  Weather should be great.  They had to turn down the sound a few years ago because it bounced off what ever goes on in the atmosphere into neighborhoods as far away as Palo Alto and people complained.  Still, it's a great place for a concert.  There are a lot of food stalls and a large bar as well as beer and wine stands.  The WHO under the stars, by the bay, ENJOY and see ya there!!
Mare